Action taken and progress made by the search to date:
- Sherpas have twice travelled up the three main routes from Namche Bazaar i.e. Everest Base Camp, Thame Valley, Gokyo Valley. They took a photo of Zis asking if anybody had seen him at each lodge and monastery. In the same way, they have also covered the route from Jiri to Namche Bazaar.
- Missing person posters have been put up along these routes
- We have been in touch with as many of Zis’ contacts as possible.
- We have contacted various networks Zis is linked to e.g Gordonstoun, St Andrews.
- There is a facebook group ‘Searching For Zisimos’.
- There is an active thread on Lonely Planet.
- We have contacted the international Red Cross.
- We are in contact with the British Embassy in Kathmandu, the Foreign Embassy in England, and the South Yorkshire Police.
- We have the assistance of a retired Detective Chief Inspector of Police.